Adapted from Cherrapeno.com
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ red or orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1 spring, fresh
- 4 springs Thyme fresh, or 1 tsp dried
- 2-3 tbsp Sherry, optional
- Drizzle canola or grape seed oil (for high heat)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Clean mushrooms carefully and peel off the skins, removing the stems and place them into a baking dish.
- Cut or press the garlic, spreading a little on each mushroom. Sprinkle on the onion, bell pepper, chili pepper and herbs in the mushroom caps. You may also add herbs under and around the caps.
- Sprinkle Sherry and oil over each mushroom. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm. Can top with an optional tapenade or hummus spread.