Beating The Odds with Personalized Care and Multiple Strategies
Comprehensive Science-Based Care For All Adult Cancers…
- Recurrent cancers
- All stages of cancer
Like you, your cancer is unique. Yes, it’s a specific cancer type and stage, but it’s still a faulty expression of your individual biology. It also affects you in ways that are equally unique to you.
That’s why, at the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in greater Chicago, everything we do is tailored to your unique needs, blood chemistry, disease profile, tumor tissue, molecular profiling and lifestyle factors. At the same time, we know from experience that beating the odds means not just individualization but a truly comprehensive treatment strategy — one that follows the science and fights cancer with everything that works.
Below are some of the important and effective methods we combine to individualize a program that helps you change your odds and put life above cancer, where it belongs.
- Diagnostics & Testing – The key to effective integrative care is to individualize treatment to you, which starts with a total understanding of what is going on in your body. Uncommonly thorough testing helps us determine how to tailor your treatment and change your body chemistry.
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy treatments — using medications to destroy cancer cells — is a primary treatment for cancer because science shows it can be highly effective. Science also shows that it can be administered in ways that make it less toxic and more effective. We often treat cancer using chemotherapy, but in ways that maximize its benefits and minimize its side effects.
- Radiation Therapy –Radiation is another primary, long-proven cancer treatment modality that can reduce or destroy tumors. If it will be effective, we will consider and may recommend radiation therapy as part of your comprehensive integrative treatment plan.
- Cancer Surgery – Surgery to remove or debulk tumors is an essential and highly effective treatment for cancer. Since our mission is to integrate those treatment strategies that are proven to work, we’ll incorporate surgery into your treatment plan as necessary. The Block Center works with highly capable and experienced surgeons for great outcomes.
- Chronomodulation – Your body has rhythms — sleep, feeding, cell regeneration, hormone production — and they influence both the toxicity and effectiveness of anticancer medications. We’ve pioneered methods that allow treatment at the best times of day and rate of delivery to reduce side effects and dramatically increase the efficacy of treatment.
- Nutrition – The quickest, surest way to change your body chemistry is nutrition, and that’s important for fighting cancer. At the Block Center, nutritional intake — including dietary supplements — is a fundamental aspect of every individualized treatment plan because of its ability to make your body less hospitable to — and more able to fight — cancer.
- Biobehavioral Care – To help you beat the odds against cancer, we also integrate biobehavioral guidance and counseling into your care. Psychological stressors are known by science to affect biochemistry, including your body’s immune response and gene expression. In other words, although other cancer-care providers may not consider them so, biobehavioral factors are fundamental concerns in your fight.
- Fitness & Exercise – It’s no secret that exercise and degree of physical fitness have an effect on health. Basically, exercise helps our bodies and their processes to run optimally… and to resist cancer. So we integrate some form of exercise into every treatment plan because it helps create an environment that’s inhospitable to cancer.
- Cancer Recurrence Prevention – A hallmark of cancer is its knack for coming back. Unlike many other cancer care providers, we have a program focused on recurrence prevention. After you’re in remission, we help you stay there with individualized recurrence-prevention plans that help keep your body unwelcome to cancer.
To schedule an appointment, call 877-41-BLOCK (877-412-5625). Or you may request an appointment using our convenient online form.