- 1 cup dry farro
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped into thirds (1 bunch)
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (about 1 teaspoon)
- salt and pepper
- 8-10 tablespoons water
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- Prepare the farrow. Combine farro and broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until farro is tender. Drain excess liquid and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Steam asparagus and green beans over medium-high heat 8 minutes, or until vibrant green and tender. Stir in frozen peas and turn off heat.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine tahini, lemon zest, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, and salt and pepper in a blender. Gradually add water, one tablespoon at a time, and blend on high until the dressing is smooth and pourable. Set aside.
- Combine cooked farro, steamed vegetables, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, and radishes on a large serving platter. Drizzle tahini dressing over the vegetables. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from: Grateful Grazer