Best served fresh, this is really a multipurpose smoothie… a libation, an excellent start to the morning, an after workout refresher, or to share a toast with your friends. A delightful holiday treat!
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Total Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 4 1/2 Cups
Author – Vanilla And Bean
- 1/2C Raw Cashews soaked overnight in 1 C water
- 1/4C Hemp Hearts
- 2C Water for a thicker smoothie use 1 1/2 C water
- 2Frozen Bananas
- 1Medjool Date pitted at room temperature
- 2Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/8tsp Ground Cinnamon + microplaned cinnamon stick for garnish
- 3/4tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg + more for garnish
- 1/4tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8tsp Turmeric for color
- 1/8tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt fine grain
- 1/4Lemon juiced
- 1/2Vanilla Bean Pod split down the center
- Two handfuls of ice (optionalfor serving extra cold and thick)
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- In a Vitamix, layer the ingredients starting with the cashews, then add the hemp hearts, water, bananas, date, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, turmeric, salt, lemon juice and the 1/2 piece of vanilla bean pod. Add ice according to taste.
- Blend until all the ingredients are pulverized and smooth, about one minute. Taste and re blend as desired.
- Add the optional Rum as desired, stir, garnish with grated cinnamon and nutmeg and serve.
This recipe can be easily adjusted to your taste. Increase or decrease the spice blend as desired.
Adapted from Vanilla and Bean and My New Roots