- 4 Kale leaves, chopped, removing stems
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup tofu, brick, marinated, then diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp whole grain mustard
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 8 basil leaves, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- The night before, or at least 2-3 hours ahead of time, press the liquid from the tofu to removed extra water. Place the tofu in the 1⁄2 of the dressing and allow to marinate overnight for best results in refrigerator.
- Cook 1⁄2 cup of quinoa and allow to cool completely.
- Chop the kale and place in a serving bowl. Pour half of the prepared dressing over the leaves and begin to massage the kale leaves.
- Dice the tofu and add to the top of the kale along with the remaining ingredients. Top with the remaining dressing and serve!