*Adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 packed cups carrot top leaves and stems, set aside a few for garnish
- 1⁄2 packed cup cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp chopped walnuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Nutritional yeast or Armesan –Vegan Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb carrots, trimmed and cut lengthwise into sticks
- 12 oz large cherry tomatoes, halved (I used red and yellow)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
For the Pesto:
- Mince the garlic in the food processor. Add the carrot tops, cilantro and 1/3 cup toasted walnuts; process until finely chopped. Add Armesan if using, or nutritional yeast. And process to combine. Season with salt and pepper plus 1 tsp vinegar. Gradually pour in 1/3 cup oil through tube with processor on. (pesto will be thick).
- Transfer half the pesto to a small bowl; reserve the remaining. Whisk remaining 1 tbsp oil, remaining 1⁄2 tsp vinegar and 1 tbsp very hot water into the pesto for more wet consistency. Set aside.
For Roasted Veggies:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine carrots, tomatoes, onion and oil in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- When slightly cooled to handle, transfer veggies to a serving dish and incorporate. Mix well and garnish with remaining nuts and few carrot top springs.